We know how much of your heart and soul go into providing care for women and families and how much you sacrifice daily to be a lighthouse and an anchor for others in these difficult times. Here are some of the resources we have been utilizing to fill our own cups. Maybe it will quench a little of your own thirst for connection and solace.
There are so many wonderful teachers out there. Here are just a few offerings to get you started:
- Three daily mindfulness practices for healthcare providers
- FREE online Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
- Ten Percent Happier: Coronavirus Sanity Guide
- Ideas from Tara Brach on creating a home retreat
- Pandemic resources from renowned meditation teacher, Jack Kornfield
- Mindfulness program for kids 8-12
Whether it’s yoga or dancing, running or walking, tending to our own bodies via mindful moving in small ways gives lasting benefit
Forgetting to eat or creating strange combinations from the graham crackers, cheese sticks and tubs of peanut butter from the labor and delivery unit seem to be par for the course for many of us providers. Here are a few tips for adding a little more variety and finding the right balance of comfort and healthy .