- 2009: “Mindfulness approaches to childbirth and parenting” in the British Journal of Midwifery
- 2009: “A Model of Mindful Parenting: Implications for Parent–Child Relationships and Prevention Research.” in the Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review
- 2010: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting Education (MBCP): Promoting Family Mindfulness During the Perinatal Period” in the Journal of Child and Family Studies
- 2012: “A mindfulness approach to antenatal preparation” in the British Journal of Midwifery
- 2013: “Mindfulness in maternity” in the British Journal of Midwifery
- 2014: “Mind in labor: Effects of mind/body training on childbirth appraisals and pain medication use during labor” [abstract] in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- 2014: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): A health promotion model for childbirth education” in the International Journal of Birth & Parent Education
- 2015: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): Innovation in birth preparation to support healthy, happy families” in the International Journal of Birth & Parent Education
- 2016: “Mindfulness in Maternity: Evaluation of a Course for Midwives” in the British Journal of Midwifery
- 2016: “‘I’ve Changed My Mind,’ Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) for pregnant women with a high level of fear of childbirth and their partners: study protocol of the quasi-experimental controlled trial” in BMC Psychiatry
- 2017: “CenteringPregnancy With Mindfulness Skills: Enhancing the Thread of Presence” in The CenteringPregnancy® Model (pp. 188-202)
- 2017: “Benefits of preparing for childbirth with mindfulness training: a randomized controlled trial with active comparison” in BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
- 2017: “Mindfulness Childbirth Classes Transform the Experiences of Postpartum Women” in The Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health
- 2018: “Experiences of Postpartum Women after Mindfulness Childbirth Classes: A Qualitative Study” in Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health
- 2018: “What is learned from Mindfulness Based Childbirth and Parenting Education? – Participants’ experiences” in BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
The culmination of over 20 years of teaching MBCP to families over her midwifery career, this book reviews the core practices taught in the MBCP nine-session course. This book is a very approachable resource for those wanting a warm and compassionate guide to support them on their mindful pregnancy and parenting journey.
A copy of this book is included in the cost of the MBCP course fee.
One of Lena’s favorites, this one lives on her nightstand as way to end the day (or start the morning). The short chapters prompt reflection, provide encouragement, and give numerous examples of what we call “informal mindful practice,” or “real-life” practice, off the peaceful seclusion of the meditation cushion.
This is a short introduction to Nancy Bardacke and her work in developing the Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting curriculum. She explores how mindfulness can help expectant families prepare for the stresses and challenges that may arise during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. She also shares a bit about the underlying research on stress physiology and neurobiology that inform our understanding of how daily mindfulness practice may alleviate stress, anxiety, and potentially decrease risk for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.